From the episode Engagement: Impossible
Makes 16 Tacos
For the Marinaded Skirt Steak
• ¾ cup orange juice
• ½ cup lime juice
• ½ cup soy sauce
• 6 cloves of garlic, minced
• 3 tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
• 2 tsp. cumin
• 2 tsp. chili powder
• 2 lbs. Skirt steak, fat trimmed
For the Beet Salsa
• 12 oz. beets, diced cooked beets
• 1 red onion, diced
• 6 oz. hatch chilies, small diced
• ½ bunch fresh cilantro chopped
• 4 tbsp. fresh scallions, chopped
• 3 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
• 1 tbsp. honey
• Salt and pepper to taste
For the Horseradish Crema
• 2 cups sour cream
• 4 oz. prepared minced horseradish
• 1 each lime, juiced
• 3 tbsp. scallions, chopped fine
Other Taco Ingredients
• 16 flour tortillas
• 1 lb. shoestring French fries, store bought is preferred
Marinated Skirt Steak
1. In a mixing bowl, add the orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, cilantro, cumin, and chili powder.
2. At least 3 hours prior to cooking the steak place the steak in the marinade.
3. The steak can stay in the marinade for up to 48 hours.
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper
1. In a mixing bowl, mix all the ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
For Finishing and Plating the Dish
1. Pre-heat fryer to 350 degrees F for the shoestring potatoes.
2. Heat large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Season skirt steak with salt and pepper and place it in the pan. Sear for approximately 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
4. Pull steak from the pan and allow to rest before slicing thin.
5. In a separate pan over medium heat, add flour tortillas and allow to warm through on both sides for 10 seconds.
6. Dress the taco shells with horseradish crema and beet salsa.
7. Next, dress the tacos with thinly sliced skirt steak. About 3 slices per taco.
8. Finally, cook the shoestring potatoes per package directions, and finish the tacos with shoestring potatoes and serve.