Robert Irvine is a world-class chef and entrepreneur, and a tireless philanthropic supporter of our nation’s military. The host of Food Network’s hit show Restaurant: Impossible, he has given struggling restaurateurs a second chance to turn their lives and businesses around in over 300 episodes and counting.
He would know a thing or two about running a successful business. In addition to his restaurants—Robert Irvine’s Public House at the Tropicana in Las Vegas and Fresh Kitchen by Robert Irvine within the Pentagon—he is the owner of FitCrunch, whose protein bars, powders, and snacks are available nationwide; Robert Irvine Foods, which makes prepared, restaurant-quality dishes available in grocery stores; and the Lansdale, PA-based Boardroom Spirits, creators of handcrafted vodka, rum, whiskey, and more. Two new signature products—Irvine’s Vodka and Irvine’s American Dry Gin—are in the beginning stages of a nationwide rollout.
A portion of the proceeds from all of Robert’s endeavors benefit the Robert Irvine Foundation. Created in 2014, the foundation gives back to our servicemen and women and first responders. Funds raised help at-need veterans and first responders in a variety of ways: training service dogs, making mental health and wellness services available to veterans in need, providing mobility devices for the disabled, and much more.
For his charitable work and service on numerous USO tours, Robert is the recipient of several civilian honors, including Honorary Chief Petty Officer of the United States Navy, and the Medal of Honor Society’s Bob Hope Award.
When not filming for television or working overseas with the USO, he can be found on tour with Robert Irvine LIVE, an unpredictable interactive cooking challenge done before a live audience in packed theaters.
He is the distinguished author of four cookbooks, Mission: Cook, Impossible to Easy, Fit Fuel, and Family Table By Robert Irvine, plus the business leadership book, Overcoming Impossible: How to Lead, Build a Team, and Catapult Your Business to Success. Drawing on his vast experience both in building his own businesses and helping others fix theirs, it is the ultimate distillation of his business and leadership knowledge.
He is also the publisher of Robert Irvine Magazine, a free digital publication delivering workouts, recipes, and motivational content.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Ambassador of the Culinary Institute of America awarded in December 2007
- Chef Professional from La Toque Blanche International
- 2001 Culinary Excellence Award granted at Carnegie Hall by the Culinary Institute of America and the American Tasting Institute
- Trustee of the American Academy of Hospitality Sciences’ Five-Star Diamond Award
- Member of the Malta Chefs Society (MCS)
- Episode of Restaurant:Impossible in the Culinary Hall of Fame
- United States Navy Honorary Chief Petty Officer
- Medal of Honor Society’s Bob Hope Award for Excellence in Entertainment
- US Department of the Army Outstanding Civilian Service Award, Spring 2016
- US Department of Defense Spirit of Hope Award, 2017
- Association of the United States Army National Service Award, 2020
- Veteran’s of Foreign Wars Distinguished Citizenship Award (First to ever receive the honor), July 2023