Pulled Smoked Turkey Ragu Pasta – As Seen on Restaurant: Impossible
From the episode, “Roux the Day”
FOR THE SWEET TEA BRAISED TURKEY LEGS
2 lbs smoked turkey legs, store bought
1 gallon sweet tea
1 gallon chicken stock
Salt and pepper
FOR THE TURKEY RAGU
1 medium sweet potato, diced
2 medium turnips, peeled and diced
1 medium white onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 stalk celery, diced
1 red pepper, diced
2 cups heavy cream
16 oz elbow macaroni, cooked
3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
2 tbsp panko bread crumbs
1) Pre-heat oven to 325.
2) Place the turkey legs in a roasting pan, and cover with sweet tea, chicken stock, salt, and pepper.
3) Cover the pan with tin foil and place in the oven for about 2 hours.
4) Using your hands or fork pull cooked turkey legs. Discard bones.
5) Place the pulled turkey back into the liquid that it was braised in and set aside.
1) Pre-heat oven to 350.
2) Place sweet potatoes and turnips on separate baking sheets. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Place in the oven and cook for about 8 minutes.
4) In a medium pot add onions, garlic, celery, and red peppers, and allow to sweat.
5) Add already roasted sweet potatoes, turnips, and pulled turkey legs.
6) Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper.
1) Add cooked pasta to boiling ragu.
2) Place a large scoop of pasta into the middle of a bowl. Finish with shredded Parmesan and bread crumbs.