Pork Chop with Pumpkin Grits and Apple Cider Sauce – As Seen on Restaurant: Impossible
FOR THE PUMPKIN GRITS
1 cup grits
4 cups heavy cream
3 tbsp pumpkin puree
1 stick butter
FOR THE APPLE CIDER SAUCE
1 stick butter
¼ cup walnuts, toasted
1 bunch sage
1 apple, peeled and diced
1 cup apple cider
2 cups beef stock
FOR THE PORK CHOP
4 pork chops
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 sticks butter
1 cup Brussels sprouts, quartered
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
1) In a sauce pot over medium heat, add heavy cream. Bring to a boil.
2) Using a whisk, add grits and a cook for about 12 minutes.
3) Finish with pumpkin puree and butter.
APPLE CIDER SAUCE
1) In a sauce pot over medium heat, add butter, apples, walnuts, and sage. Cook for about 3 minutes.
2) Add apple cider and allow to reduce by half.
3) Add beef stock and bring to a boil. Set aside.
PORK CHOPS & PLATING
1) Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a sauté pan over high heat, add grapeseed oil and pork chop. Sear for 5 minutes on each side.
3) Place pork chop in the oven and cook for 6 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees.
4) Place sweet potatoes in a separate pan over medium heat. Cook for about 5 minutes.
5) Add Brussels sprouts. Cover and cook for an additional 10 ten minutes.
6) Place grits in the middle of a plate. Then place Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes on top of grits.
7) Top Brussels sprouts and sweet potatoes with pork chop. Finish with apple cider sauce.