From the episode “Hard Knocks in Hendersonville”
For Coq Au Ain
• 1 tbsp. jerk seasoning
• 2 tbsp. kosher salt
• 1 tbsp. brown sugar
• 8 chicken thighs
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
For the Coq Au Vin Braise and Sauce
• ½ cup bacon, diced
• 2 Spanish onions, diced
• 5 large carrots, diced
• 5 ribs celery, diced
• 1 cup cremini mushrooms
• 1 cup sweet potatoes, diced
• 1 cup red wine
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 3 tbsp. jerk seasoning
For the Jasmine Rice
• 1 cup jasmine rice
• 3 cups chicken stock
• 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
• Salt and pepper TT
1. In a large mixing bowl add all-purpose flour, jerk seasoning, salt, and brown sugar.
2. Season the chicken thighs with the jerk seasoning.
3. Next add seasoned chicken thighs into all-purpose flour.
4. In a skittle over medium heat sear chicken thighs. Remove thighs from pan and set aside.
1. Pre-heat an oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a sauce pot over medium-high heat add bacon and allow to render for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Next add onions, carrots, celery, cremini mushrooms, and sweet potatoes. Cook for approximately 8 minutes.
4. Deglaze the pan with red wine. Bring to a boil.
5. Next add chicken stock and jerk seasoning.
6. Add the seared chicken thighs back to the braising liquid, cover and place in the oven.
7. Allow to cook for approximately 1.5 hours, or until chicken falls off the bone.
1. Pre-heat an oven to 400 degrees
2. In a sauce pot over medium heat add jasmine rice and chicken stock. Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and place in the oven.
3. Allow to cook for approximately 12 minutes.
1. Place a large spoonful of jasmine rice in the middle of a bowl.
2. Top the rice with 2 cooked chicken thighs.
3. Finish the dish with a large scoop of the braising liquid and a mixture of all the vegetables from the braise.