1 cup quinoa, cooked according to package
2 cups barley
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
3 tbsp grass-fed butter
1 Spanish onion small diced
1 leek, cleaned, cut into 1” pieces
8 oz oyster mushrooms, medium diced
4 oz shiitake mushrooms, medium diced
5 cups vegetable broth
1/2 stick butter
3 oz gruyere cheese, grated
2 tbsp chives, chopped
2 tbsp tarragon, chopped
1. In a large pot, add grapeseed oil over medium heat.
2. Add leeks and Spanish onion and cook for approximately 3 minutes.
3. Add 2 tbsp butter add all mushrooms and allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes.
4. Add barley and quinoa, then slowly add vegetable broth, 2 ounces at a time while stirring constantly, until all liquid is absorbed.
5. Finish with chives, tarragon, gruyere cheese, and butter.
PROTEIN: 14 g
FAT: 25 g
CARBS: 55 g