From the episode, “Running on Empty”
FOR THE FROGMORE STEW
2 oz grapeseed oil
2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, large diced
Kosher salt and pepper, as needed
1 white onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 Jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
2 cups tomato salsa (store bought)
2 cups sweet BBQ sauce
2 cups corn
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
3 cups chicken stock
1 cup canned diced tomatoes
FOR THE PICKLED RED ONIONS
1 ¼ cup white wine vinegar
1 cup sugar
2 tbsp honey
1 large red onion, thinly sliced
FOR THE WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
1 cup whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
4 oz white American cheese, thinly sliced
4 oz white cheddar cheese, shredded
1 tbsp Cajun spice
Family-sized bag of tortilla chips
1 bunch cilantro, rough chopped
1) Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees F.
2) Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
3) In a Dutch oven or medium sauce pot over medium-high heat, add the grapeseed oil and chicken thighs. Sear on both sides.
4) Remove the seared chicken thighs from the pot; then add onions, garlic, and jalapenos. Allow to sweat for 5 minutes.
5) Add the salsa, cilantro, corn, chicken stock, and barbecue sauce, and diced tomatoes. Bring mixture a boil.
6) Place the seared chicken thighs back in the pot.
7) Stir and cover the Frogmore mixture and place in oven. Cook for about 1.5 hours.
PICKLED RED ONIONS
1) In a small sauce pot, add the white wine vinegar, sugar, and honey.
2) Bring pickling mixture to a boil.
3) In a separate bowl, add the sliced red onions. Pour hot pickling liquid over the onions. Cover and allow to cool at room temperature.
WHITE CHEDDAR CHEESE SAUCE
1) In medium sauce pot add milk and heavy cream.
2) Bring the milk mixture to a boil.
3) Using a whisk slowly incorporate American cheese and white cheddar cheese.
4) Finish with Cajun spice, salt, and pepper.
1) Place the chips in a bowl then top with Frogmore stew mixture.
2) Top with more chips, more Frogmore stew, and cheese sauce.
3) Finally, top with the pickled onions and chopped cilantro.