From the episode, “Cajun Seafood Disaster”
FOR THE BOUDIN BALLS
16 oz boudin sausage
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 stick butter
1 red pepper small diced
1 onion small dice
1 tbsp Cajun seasoning
1 bunch chopped cilantro
1 tbsp chopped thyme
2 cups basmati rice, cooked
1 cup flour
1 cup panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying
FOR THE BBQ AIOLI
1 cup BBQ sauce
1 tbsp crystal hot sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
2 garlic cloves, minced
1) In a sauté pan, add grapeseed oil, pepper, onions, boudin sausage, and Cajun seasoning. Allow to cook for 2 minutes.
2) Add butter and allow to cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3) Add cooked rice, thyme, and cilantro.
4) Allow mixture to cool.
5) Scoop mixture into 2 oz. balls.
6) Place the balls in flour, then add egg, next bread crumb mixture.
7) Place balls in a 350° fryer and cook for 3 minutes.
1) In a mixing bowl add BBQ sauce, garlic, and mayonnaise.
2) Season with salt and pepper.