FOR THE GREEN CHILI-RUBBED PORK
2 tbsp salt
1 tbsp pepper
2 tbsp smoked paprika
1 tsp ground cumin
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 lb pork shoulder
FOR THE GREEN CHILI PORK BRAISE
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 onions, diced
1 red pepper, diced
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 qt salsa verde – store bought
1 qt chicken broth
FOR THE PINTO BEANS
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
½ white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp poblano chilies, diced
1 cup canned pinto beans, rinsed
¼ cup salsa, store bought
FOR THE PICKLED RED ONIONS & JALAPENOS
½ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 tbsp honey
2 red onions, sliced thin
3 jalapenos, seeded and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE LIME CREMA
½ cup sour cream
2 tbsp cup heavy cream
2 tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
Salt and pepper to taste
FOR THE CHILAQUILES
12 oz corn tortilla chips
5 red radishes, sliced thin
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
GREEN CHILI-RUBBED PORK
1) In a mixing bowl add salt, pepper, smoked paprika, cumin, and brown sugar.
2) Coat pork shoulder with the rub 12 hours prior to cooking.
GREEN CHILI PORK BRAISE
1) In a large pot over medium high heat, add grapeseed oil and onions.
2) Allow onions to sweat for approximately 3 minutes.
3) Add red peppers and cook for another 5 minutes.
4) Add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes
5) Place the rubbed pork in the pot.
6) Add salsa verde and chicken stock and bring to a boil.
7) Allow to boil for approximately 3 minutes. Place a cover on top and drop to a medium simmer.
8) Pork shoulder braise should cook for approximately 3 to 3 ½ hours covered at a medium to low simmer on the stove top.
9) Be sure to check the pork shoulder throughout process. If it is not completely submerged in liquid add either more salsa verde or chicken stock.
10) Once pork is finished using a fork, tongs, or your hands lightly shred and place it back in braising liquid.
1) In a large skillet over medium heat add grapeseed oil and onions.
2) Allow onions to sweat, approximately 3 minutes, then add garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3) Next add poblano chilies. Allow to cook for another 3 minutes.
4) Then add rinsed pinto beans, and salsa.
PICKLED RED ONIONS & JALAPENOS
1) In a small sauce pot over medium heat add red wine vinegar, sugar, and honey.
2) Bring mixture to a boil.
3) Pour mixture over onions and Jalapenos and cover.
4) Allow to cool.
1) In a mixing bowl add all ingredients and incorporate.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
FINISH & PLATE
1) Place tortilla chips in a mixing bowl.
2) Top tortilla chips with green chili, pork, and toss together.
3) Place pinto beans on the bottom of a bowl, then top with dressed chips.
4) Garnish chips with pickled jalapenos, red onions, lime crema, and chopped parsley.