Burnt Ends Poutine – As Seen on Restaurant: Impossible
From the episode: Single Dad Sparks His Passion
For The Country Gravy
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
1 quart whole milk
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tsp ancho chili powder
For The Poutine
2 lb French fries (fresh or frozen)
Grapeseed oil (enough for frying)
1 lb burnt ends (see brisket recipe HERE)
2 tbsp shredded mozzarella curds
1. In a large sauce pot add butter and allow to melt. Using whisk, add flour to create a roux. Allow the roux to cook for 5 minutes.
2. Using a whisk, add milk and allow to cook on a low temperature for approximately 10 minutes.
3. Season with salt, black pepper, and ancho chili powder.
1. In a 350° fryer or a 350° deep-bottomed frying pan, place French fries and cook until crisp.
2. In a bowl, toss French fries and season with salt and pepper.
3. Place fries in serving vessel and top with warm burnt ends and then top with shredded mozzarella curd.
4. Pour hot country gravy over the top and serve.