1 store-bought pie crust shell
½ Spanish white onion, diced
2 tbsp butter
1 cup heavy cream
5 large eggs
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
8 oz sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place a piece of parchment paper over pie crust and weigh it down with raw beans and cook for 12 minutes. The edges of the crust should be light brown
3. In a sauté pan, add butter and onions and allow to cook over medium heat, making sure onions do not get any color.
4. In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, cream, bacon, cheddar cheese, and onions. Whisk all ingredients together and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture into pie shell and bake for 30 to 35 minutes until cooked through, the top should have a light brown color.
PROTEIN: 16 g
FAT: 30 g
CARBS: 14 g