Cook it just right and it’s completely irresistible.
4 tuna steaks, 1” thick (6-7 oz. each)
Salt and pepper
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
½ cup tomato, diced
¼ cup edamame, cooked
1 tbsp garlic, minced
2 tbsp basil, minced
2 tbsp capers, drained
1 tbsp parsley, minced
1 ¼ cups dry brown rice (4 cups cooked)
1 cup spinach leaves
1) Season steaks with salt and pepper on both sides. Add oil to a saute or grill pan and heat for two minutes.
2) Cook for 2-3 minutes, flip, and reduce heat to medium-high.
3) Cook for an additional 2 minutes, then add tomato, edamame, garlic, basil, capers, and parsley.
4) Cook for another 2 minutes, remove tuna, and allow to rest while finishing the pan sauce.
5) Add rice and spinach to the pan, allow to cook for additional 1 minute, toss ingredients with spoon or tongs, then remove from heat.
6) Once the sauce and rice mixture is finished cooking, portion rice salad and top with tuna and basil.
PROTEIN: 63 g
FAT: 17 g
CARBS: 49 g
Originally appeared in Robert Irvine Magazine.