From the episode “Dumplings in Delaware”
½ lb jumbo lump crab meat
1 ½ lbs Cavatappi
1 cup cheese sauce
1 tbsp chives, chopped
2 ribs celery, diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
1 cup Spanish onion, diced small
½ cup flat leaf Italian parsley, chopped
3 tbsp Panko bread crumbs
FOR THE CHEESE SAUCE
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz sliced white American cheese
½ cup shredded mozzarella
½ cup shredded provalone
1) Bring the cream to medium heat and add the cheese slices in one at a time.
2) Using a whisk, slowly whisk in the cheese to incorporate and also to prevent the cream from burning. Gradually add your shredded cheeses, stirring until fully melted. Season with salt and pepper.
1) In a large stock pot filled with water (lightly salted), cook Cavatappi until al dente. Drain and set aside.
2) In a medium sauce pot add onions, celery, and garlic and allow to cook over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
3) Add cheese sauce to the veggies and bring to a boil.
4) Add pasta, most of the crab (reserve 5 tablespoon-sized lumps for later), and parsley.
5) Cook for another 4 minutes to heat the pasta and the crab through.
6) Top with chopped chives and bread crumbs and remaining crab meat.