From the episode, “Floundering Fish House”
FOR THE SWORDFISH MILANESE
- 1 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 4 each 6 oz swordfish steak portions, lightly pounded out and seasoned with kosher salt and ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp. parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil
- 1 cup potatoes, medium diced
- 2 tbsp. capers
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, peeled
- 3 tbsp. green olives, sliced
- ¼ red onion, sliced
FOR THE LEMON VINAIGRETTE
- 3 tbsp. sherry vinegar
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup grapeseed oil
- 3 cups baby arugula
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the 1 tbsp grapeseed oil.
- Add the season pounded swordfish portions.
- Sear fish on each side for 1 minute.
- Next, lightly coat top of the fish with Dijon mustard then top with panko breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Place fish in a 375-degree oven and allow to cook for approximately 6 to 8 minutes until cooked through.
- In a separate sauté pan over medium heat, add 2 tbsp. grapeseed oil and the potatoes. Stir and allow to cook for 3 to 4 minutes, allowing the potatoes to turn light brown in color and cook almost all the way through.
- Next add capers, tomatoes, olives, and sliced onions.
- Stir and continue to cook for another 2 minutes season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- In a mixing bowl add sherry vinegar, honey, and mustard.
- Using a whisk, slowly incorporate oil creating an emulsion and season with kosher salt and ground black pepper.
- Place potato mixture on the bottom of the plate.
- Next, top the potato mixture with the cooked Swordfish Milanese.
- Place the arugula and lemon vinaigrette in mixing bowl and toss.
- Finish the dish with the tossed arugula salad on top of the Swordfish Milanese.