From the episode, “No Help Wanted”
FOR THE SWEET POTATO CRUST
1 stick butter
¼ lb sweet potato puree, canned or frozen preferred
3 tbsp white miso paste
¼ lb panko breadcrumbs
FOR THE CELERY ROOT PUREE
2 sticks butter, room temperature
1 large white onion, diced
5 lbs celery root, peeled and large diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 ½ qts heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper, to taste
FOR THE CREOLE MUSHROOM SAUCE
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tbsp butter
1 lb button mushrooms, sliced
1 small white onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, sliced
3 tbsp dry red wine
1 tbsp Creole seasoning
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
3 cups beef gravy, store bought
FOR THE STEAK & VEGGIES
8 tbsp grapeseed oil
4 baseball sirloin steaks, 6 oz. each
12 Brussels sprouts, halved
12 fingerling potatoes, halved
½ cup carrots, peeled and diced
1 sweet potato, peeled and diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
SWEET POTATO CRUST
1) In food processor add room temperature butter, sweet potato puree, miso paste, and breadcrumbs. Combine.
2) Remove mixture from food processor. Form into 4 individual 4 oz balls and set aside.
CELERY ROOT PUREE
1) In a sauce pot over medium heat, add butter, onions, and celery root. Cook for about 4 minutes.
2) Add garlic and cook for additional 1 minute.
3) Add heavy cream and cook for 12 to 15 minutes. The celery root should be cooked through and tender.
4) Place the cooked mixture in blender with half of the cooking cream liquid and puree until mixture is smooth. If needed, add a little more of the cooking heavy cream liquid to desired consistency and smoothness. Season with salt and pepper.
CREOLE MUSHROOM SAUCE
1) In a saucepan over medium heat, add grapeseed oil, butter, and mushrooms. Cook for about 4 minutes. Mushrooms should be light brown in color.
2) Add onion and garlic. Cook for an additional 3 minutes.
3) Deglaze the pan with red wine and reduce by half.
4) Add beef gravy, creole spice, and Cajun seasoning. Bring mixture to simmer and season with salt and pepper.
STEAK & VEGGIES
1) Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2) Place the fingerling potatoes, carrots, and sweet potatoes on the same baking sheet pan and dress with 4 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper.
3) Roast the sweet potatoes, fingerling potatoes, and carrots in the oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
4) Place the Brussels sprouts onto a separate sheet pan and dress with 2 tbsp of grapeseed oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown and tender.
5) In a separate sauté pan over high heat, add the remaining 2 tbsp grapeseed oil.
6) Season baseball steaks with salt and pepper and add the steaks to the pan and sear on each side for 3 minutes.
7) Remove the steaks from the pan and place on a baking sheet. Top the steaks with the sweet potato crust and place in oven.
8) Allow to cook to your desired temperature; 125 to 130 internal degrees for medium-rare.
1) Place celery root puree in the middle of the plate.
2) Top the celery root puree with the roasted Brussels sprouts, sweet potatoes, carrots, and fingerling potatoes.
3) Top the vegetables with the crusted baseball steak.
4) Finish the steak with Creole mushrooms sauce.