6 cups short grain sushi style rice
9 cups water
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp super fine sugar
1 tbsp grapeseed oil
Spicy Tuna Sauce
1 cup mayonnaise
½ cup sriacha
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 lbs fresh grade A tuna, cut into small cubes
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp Ponzu
½ avocado, cut into small cubes
3 green onions, sliced
1 tsp sesame seeds
1) Using a strainer or colander, rinse rice with cold water until it runs clear, about 3 minutes.
2) Combine rice with 9 cups water in a medium sauce pot. Bring to a boil then reduce to simmer. Cover and cook for about 20 minutes. The water should be completely absorbed and the rice should be tender.
3) Allow to cool. Season with rice wine vinegar, sugar, and grapeseed oil. Stir.
4) In a mixing bowl, add sriracha, mayonnaise, and lemon juice. Mix with a whisky. Season with salt and pepper.
5) In another mixing bowl, add tuna, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, Ponzu, avocado, and green onions. Season with salt and pepper. Mix gently.
6) Divide room-temperature rice into serving bowls. Portion tuna mixture on top. Finish with spicy tuna sauce and sesame seeds.
PROTEIN: 19 g
FAT: 27 g
CARBS: 98 g