SERVES 4 FAMILY STYLE
• 2 lbs. Brussels sprouts, cut in half
• 2 tbsp. grape seed oil
• 1 white onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 3 cherry tomatoes, diced
• 2 tbsp. maple syrup
• 2 tbsp. bourbon
• 1 tbsp. sherry vinegar
• 2 oz. bacon, diced
• 2 tbsp. pecans, toasted and chopped
1. Pre-heat a tabletop fryer or an air fryer to 350 degrees.
2. Place cut Brussels sprouts into the fryer and cook for approximately 2 minutes, or until the Brussels sprouts are light brown and cooked through.
3. In a sauté pan over medium-high heat, add grape seed oil, onions, and garlic. Sweat for approximately 3 minutes. The onions should be translucent and just cooked through.
4. Next add tomatoes and cook for additional 4 minutes.
5. Remove the Brussels sprouts from the fryer and add them to the sauté pan with tomatoes and onions.
6. Next add maple syrup, bourbon, and sherry vinegar.
7. Bring the mixture to a boil stirring Brussels sprouts tomatoes, onions, and garlic together.
1. In a separate sauté pan over medium low heat, add bacon and cook for approximately 5 minutes. The bacon should be golden brown and crispy.
2. Next add the pecans to the same pan and allow to cook for an additional 2 minutes.
3. Using a slotted spoon remove the bacon and pecans to a plate lined with a paper towel.
4. On a large plate place Brussels sprout mixture, top with bacon and pecans and serve.