Cold Smoked Salmon, Lump Crab Gribiche, Warm Pumpernickle, Poached Egg, Upland Watercress
Makes 4 Servings
2 lbs Smoked Salmon
1 can B&M Brown Bread, Original
2 oz Unsalted Butter
1 bunch Upland Watercress
1 tbsp black pepper
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
For the crab gribiche
8 oz lump crab meat, pasteurized
2 tbsp dijon mustard
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp cornichons
4 tbsp grapeseed oil
1 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp parsley
3 tbsp chervil, divided
3 tbsp chives, divided
1 tbsp cilantro
- Clean the watercress from the stems and reserve
- To make the gribiche, hard boil the 2 eggs, cool and chop. Chop the herbs (saving some chervil and chive for garnish) cornichons and capers and add to the chopped eggs.
- Add the oil, the mustard, and the red wine vinegar and whisk. Add the chopped eggs and herbs and mix. Fold in the crab meat.
- Slice the brown bread, (8 slices, 2 per person) brush with butter and griddle, plate warm, side by side, 2 per plate.
- Poach the 8 eggs (2 per person) in boiling water, with a touch of white wine vinegar, cook to desired doneness.
- Lay the brown bread on a plate, add Watercress on top of the bread, lay smoked salmon next, add one egg poached, cover with crab gribiche.
- Garnish with chervil and small pieces of chives.