From the episode, “Back in Business: Leadership Lessons in Florida”
FOR THE PORK CHOPS
4 bone-in pork chops
Salt and pepper
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
FOR THE ROOT BEER SAUCE
2 white onions, sliced
1 cup butter
3 tbsp bourbon
16 oz root beer
FOR THE SWEET POTATO PUREE
3 large sweet potatoes, roasted and peeled
1 stick butter
2 large white onions, sliced
1 clove garlic, sliced
1 cup heavy cream
FOR THE VEGGIES
1 head Romesco cauliflower cut into florets and blanched
16 Brussels sprouts, halved and blanched
1 red onion, sliced
1 bunch oregano
1 Meyer lemon
1) Season pork chop with salt and pepper.
2) In a large sauté pan, add 2 tbsp grapeseed oil over high heat. Sear on both sides and finish in a 425° oven for approximately 5 minutes or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°.
ROOT BEER SAUCE
1) In a medium sauce pot, add butter and onions and cook over medium heat for approximately 25 minutes. Onions should be cooked through and have no color.
2) Next add bourbon, root beer, and heavy cream. Bring mixture to a boil. Allow to boil for 4 minutes, then drop to simmer.
3) Puree mixture until smooth.
SWEET POTATO PUREE
1) In a separate sauce pot, add onions and butter and allow to sweat for about 10 minutes.
2) Add garlic and allow to cook for another 4 minutes.
3) Add already cooked sweet potatoes and heavy cream. Bring mixture to a boil. Puree until smooth.
1) In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add grapeseed oil and sliced onions. Cook for about 3 minutes.
2) Add cauliflower, Brussels sprouts, and finish with salt and pepper.
1) Place root beer puree on plate, then top with sweet potato puree.
2) Top with Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, then pork chop, and finish with oregano, and the juice of the Meyer lemon.