From the episode, “Trouble Brewing at Garrett’s”
FOR THE MEATBALLS
3 lbs ground chicken
1 garlic clove, minced
½ Spanish onion, chopped
1 tbsp whole milk
2 tbsp chopped parsley
¼ cup breadcrumbs
1 tbsp kosher salt
½ cup hot sauce
FOR THE WINGS
20 large chicken wings
1 ½ tsp kosher salt
3 tsp brown sugar
½ tsp chili flakes
2 qts blended oil
FOR THE HOT SAUCE
2 cups hot sauce (Frank’s or your favorite)
½ lemon, juiced
3 tbsp butter
FOR THE BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
1 ½ Spanish onions diced
4 tbsp butter
3 cups crumbled blue cheese
1 cup heavy cream
1) In a large mixing bowl, add ground chicken, parsley, garlic, onions, salt, and pepper.
2) In a separate mixing bowl, add milk, eggs, and hot sauce. Beat with a whisk until well combined. Add mixture to the ground chicken mixture.
3) Using a large spoon or your hands, incorporate breadcrumbs into the mixture.
4) Portion the chicken mixture into 3 oz balls. Place in the refrigerator and allow to chill for 45 minutes prior to cooking.
5) Place chicken meatballs in a 325° fryer and allow to cook for 9 to 10 minutes. The meatballs should be golden brown in color and have an internal temperature of 165°.
1) In a large mixing bowl, add salt, brown sugar, and chili flakes and incorporate. Lightly coat chicken wings with mixture. Allow to cure 12 to 24 hours prior to cooking.
2) Place the wings in a 350° fryer and cook for about 5 minutes. Chicken wings should be golden brown in color and have an internal temperature of 165°. Remove from fryer and drain in fryer basket or on paper towels.
1) In a small to medium saucepan over medium-high heat, add hot sauce and lemon juice. Bring mixture to a boil.
2) Remove from the heat. Using a whisk, slowly incorporate butter. Mix until melted and well combined.
BLUE CHEESE DRESSING
1) In a large sauce pot over medium heat, add butter and onions. Allow to sweat, making sure onions get no color. After about 8 minutes, the onions should be translucent in color.
2) Add celery and allow to cook for another 10 minutes, stirring continuously.
3) Add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Using a wooden spoon or whisk, slowly incorporate cheese.
4) Finish sauce with salt and pepper.
1) Place chicken wings and meatballs in a mixing bowl and toss with hot sauce. Place chicken wings on a plate or a bowl.
2) Top wings with blue cheese sauce and celery leaves for garnish.