From the episode “A Daughter Finds Her Groove” (Retro Diner)
FOR THE SCHNITZEL
4 boneless pork loin chops
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp garlic powder
½ cup panko bread crumbs
Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
8 slices Texas toast (thick white bread, buttered and fried on each side)
FOR THE SAUCE GIRBICHE
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp capers, chopped
1 tbsp cornichons, chopped
2 cups mayonnaise
1 tsp white vinegar
4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1) In a mixing bowl, add mayonnaise, mustard, capers, cornichons, and white wine vinegar.
2) Add chopped eggs, and parsley and gently mix together.
3) Season with salt and pepper.
1) Place pork chop between two pieces of wax paper and using a meat mallet and pound thin. Season with salt and pepper.
2) In a mixing bowl, add flour, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3) Place pork in flour mixture, then eggs, then panko bread crumbs. Place in a 350 degree fryer and cook for 6 minutes or until outside is golden brown.
4) Pull from fryer and season with salt and pepper.
5) Toast Texas Bread until golden brown and coat with girbiche sauce. Top with lettuce, tomato, and crispy pork loin.