4 bone-in pork chops
1 tbsp cumin
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tbsp avocado oil
2 cups sliced bacon, cut into quarter-inch pieces
5 cups rainbow Swiss chard, chopped
½ white Spanish onion
1 cup chicken stock
1 tbsp butter
Juice of ½ lemon
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) In a small mixing bowl, add salt, cumin, and curry powder.
3) Cover each pork chop with mixture. (This can be done 24 hours prior to cooking.)
4) In a large sauté pan over high heat, add avocado oil and pork chops. (If pan is too small for all 4 chops, cook 2 at a time.)
5) Cook for about 4 minutes on each side. Chops should get dark brown.
6) Place seared pork chops on a sheet pan (add parchment paper to avoid sticking and a messy cleanup) and finish in oven until they reach an internal temperature of 135 degrees, about 12 minutes.
7) In a medium sauce pot, add bacon and render over medium heat—bacon should be light brown in color. Add onions and Swiss chard. Cover and allow to cook for two minutes. Uncover and stir. Add chicken stock and cook for another 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
8) Remove from heat and stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve with pork chop an top of Swiss chard. Top with jus.
PROTEIN: 52 g
FAT: 35 g
CARBS: 7 g