Slow cooked—and well worth the wait.
1.5 lbs pork tenderloin
2-3 whole cloves
2 tbsp smokey spice seasoning
1 red onion, sliced thin
1 cup water
6 oz bbq sauce
Salt and pepper
1) Stud tenderloin with cloves and rub with seasoning blend.
2) Place roast in crock pot or slow cooker and top with onions.
3) Cover pork with water and slow cook for 8-10 hours.
4) Remove pork, discard cloves, then drain fat and water.
5) Allow pork to cool, then shred by hand or with fork.
6) Return meat to pot and add bbq sauce. Heat for 1-2 hours. Serve straight up or on a roll.
THE MACROS (with Roll)
PROTEIN: 42 G
FAT: 13 G
CARBS: 38 G
Originally published in Robert Irvine Magazine.