From the episode, “New Roles, New Results”
FOR THE SHRIMP
3 lbs 16/20* shrimp (*Denotes size of 16-20 shrimp per pound)
3 cups all-purpose flour
3 eggs, beaten
3 cups panko bread crumbs
1 cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
¼ pineapple, thinly sliced
Vegetable oil, enough for deep frying
FOR THE JICAMA SLAW
1 pineapple, peeled and medium diced
2 jicama roots, peeled and julienned
10 cello radishes, medium diced
1 red onion, julienned
5 scallions, sliced
1 bunch cilantro, sliced
FOR THE TOGARASHI VINAIGRETTE
½ cup rice wine vinegar
1 tbsp smoked paprika
¼ cup honey
2 thumbs ginger, peeled and minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 shallots, minced
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1½ cups grapeseed oil
1) In a mixing bowl, add panko bread crumbs and coconut. Mix together.
2) Place shrimp in flour. Then add eggs and the panko bread crumb/coconut mixture.
3) Fry shrimp in a 350° fryer for 2½ to 3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through. Shrimp should be golden brown in color.
1) In large mixing bowl, add rice wine vinegar, smoked paprika, honey, and Dijon mustard.
2) Using a hand blender or whisk, slowly incorporate grapeseed and sesame oil.
3) Finish with ginger, shallots, garlic, salt, and pepper.
1) In a large mixing bowl add jicama, pineapple, red onions,
scallions, and cilantro.
2) Dress with vinaigrette. Season with salt and pepper.