From the episode: Single Dad Sparks His Passion
1 qt heavy cream
1 lb American cheese slices
1 tsp mustard powder
2 lbs elbow macaroni
1 lb ground spicy Italian sausage
1 oz sliced chives
1. Put heavy cream into a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
2. Using a whisk, slowly incorporate sliced cheese. Finish making cheese sauce with salt, pepper, and mustard powder.
3. In a large pot, bring 4 quarts of water (with some added salt) to a boil. Once water has started to boil add pasta. Cook for approximately 8 minutes or until the pasta is al dente (firm to the bite).
4. In a large sauce pan add sausage and cook over medium heat. Use a spatula to break the sausage into small pieces.
5. Add cheese sauce and bring to a boil. Season with salt and pepper
6. Add already cooked pasta, using a wooden spoon to incorporate it into the sauce.
7. Serve topped with chives.