2 whole eggplant
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tsp Kosher Salt
2 cups tomato sauce
3 tbsp crumbled feta cheese
5 basil leaves, torn
1 spicy Italian sausage, grilled and sliced
1. Using a fork, poke holes in the eggplant starting at the top and going to the bottom, the entire way around.
2. Place eggplant on a sheet tray and coat with grapeseed oil, and kosher salt. Allow to sit for approximately 2 hours prior to cooking.
3. Place eggplant on medium to a low grill, and cook for 30 minutes turning frequently.
4. It is OK to have some char but don’t let the eggplant burn. It can be hard to see because of the eggplant’s dark color.
5. After the eggplant is just cooked through, cut in half, top with basic tomato sauce, sliced sausage, and crumbled feta.
6. Place back on a low grill and cook for approximately 7 to 10 minutes.