FOR THE CALAMARI
1 pound cleaned baby squid (left whole)
2 TSP smoked paprika
1 TSP ground cumin
1 TSP cayenne pepper
1 lemon (zest)
1 garlic clove, minced
½ TSP salt
¼ cup grape seed oil
¼ cup sliced almonds
½ cup roasted red pepper (small diced)
FOR THE SLICED FENNEL SALAD
1 bulb fennel (sliced ¼ inch thick)
¼ cup Nicoise olive chopped
½ cup picked parsley
½ lemon zest and juiced
½ cup grape seed oil
1) In a food processor, add smoked paprika, cumin, cayenne pepper, lemon zest, garlic clove, roasted red pepper, sliced almonds and grape seed oil.
2) Place calamari into the marinade and allow to marinade for at least 4 hours.
3) Place calamari on a very hot grill, grill approximately 2 minutes on each side.
1) Take sliced fennel, olive parsley, lemon zest, juice, and grapeseed oil.
2) Season with salt and pepper.
3) Serve on side of grilled calamari.
PROTEIN: 16 g
FAT: 32 g
CARBS: 8 g