From the episode, “Trick or Treat”
FOR THE PICKLED SHALLOTS
3 shallots, thinly sliced
1 cup white wine vinegar
2 tbsp granulated sugar
2 tbsp honey
½ bunch thyme
FOR THE HERBED CREAM SAUCE
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup sour cream
4 oz Boursin cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
Zest of 1 lemon
1 bunch chives, sliced
FOR THE PIZZA
8 oz Brussels sprouts, quartered
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
12 oz bacon, diced
4 sheets frozen puff pastry
4 tbsp water
8 oz gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
2 oz Marcona almonds, chopped
4 tbsp balsamic vinegar syrup
1 bunch chives, sliced
1) In a small sauce pot add vinegar, sugar, honey and thyme.
2) Bring the mixture to a boil.
3) Remove the thyme from the pot and discard.
4) Pour the liquid over the sliced shallots, and cover.
HERBED CREAM SAUCE
1) In food processor add garlic, sour cream, Boursin cheese, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest.
2) Blend until smooth.
3) Fold in chives and season with salt and pepper.
1) Pre-heat oven to 400.
2) Place Brussels sprouts on a sheet pan and season with grapeseed oil, salt, and pepper.
3) Place the Brussels sprouts in the oven and cook for 6 minutes. The Brussels sprouts should be brown in color and just cooked through.
4) Place bacon in a medium sauté pan over medium-low heat.
5) Allow the bacon to render for about 10 minutes. The bacon should be light brown in color and crispy.
6) Remove the bacon from the pan and set aside.
7) On a separate baking sheet place puff pastry dough. Using a fork, poke small holes in the dough.
8) Whisk together eggs and water in a mixing bowl making an egg wash. Use a pastry brush and lightly brush puff pastry with egg wash.
9) Place the puff pastry in the oven and cook for 6 minutes. After 6 minutes remove the dough from the oven using a spatula. Press the dough down until flat.
10) Place the dough back into the oven for another 3 minutes.
11) Allow the dough to cool. Once the dough is cooled dress it with the herbed cream sauce.
12) Next top with bacon, brussels sprouts, and gorgonzola cheese.
13) Return the cooked and dressed dough back to the oven and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
14) Garnish with pickled shallots, Marcona almonds, balsamic syrup, and sliced chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Pizza
Keywords: Pizza, Puff Pastry, Restaurant: Impossible