From the episode, “Mountain Town Mess”
FOR THE CLAM CHOWDER
8 oz bacon, diced
1 white onion, diced
4 ribs celery, diced
2 cloves garlice, minced
½ bunch thyme, picked and chopped
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
3 cups whole milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup chicken stock
12 oz clams, chopped
Salt and pepper
FOR THE POUTINE
32 oz French fries (frozen is fine)
8 oz bacon, cut into large lardons
12 oz cheese curds
1 bunch chives, sliced
1) In a sauce pot over medium-high heat, add bacon and allow to render until crispy.
2) Add onions, celery, garlic, and thyme. Allow to sweat. Onions and garlic should be translucent in color and cooked through.
3) Add flour and cook for about 5 minutes, making a roux.
4) Whisk in milk, cream, and chicken stock.
5) Add clams and bring to a boil.
6) Season with salt and pepper and keep warm
1) Pre-heat an air fryer or deep fryer to 350 degrees.
2) In a sauté pan over medium-high heat add the bacon lardons. Allow to render until crispy.
3) Place the fries into the air fryer or the deep fryer and cook for about 4 minutes or until crispy.
4) Portion the fries into four bowls and top them with cheese curds, bacon, and 3 oz. of clam chowder.
5) Garnish with sliced chives.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Entree
Keywords: Clam Chowder, Seafood, Poutine, Entree, Restaurant: Impossible