1.5 cups warm water
1 TBS sugar
2 TSP kosher salt
2 ¼ tsp active dry yeast
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour,
2 oz unsalted butter, melted
10 cups water
2/3 cup baking soda
1 large egg yolk beaten with 1 tablespoon water
1) In a stand mixer add water, sugar, salt and yeast. Allow to sit for approximately 5 to 10 minutes or until mixture starts to foam.
2) With the dough hook attachment mix add water yeast mixture, add flour and melted butter begin to mix on low after all flour is incorporated turn the mixer to medium speed and continue to knead.
3) Pull dough out of mixer and knead into a ball, lightly oil mixing bowl and add dough back to bowl and cover with plastic wrap.
4) Place dough into a warm place and allow dough to rise for about 40 minutes or until dough has doubled in size.
5) Divide the dough into 6 equal balls, roll each ball into long rope roll the dough into a pretzel shape.
6) Place a pot 10 cups of water and baking soda and bring to a boil.
7) Place pretzel dough into water and cook for approximately 45 seconds.
8) Next place dough on to a baking sheet coat with egg wash and pretzel salt.
9) Bake in a 450 degree oven for about 12 minutes or until golden brown in color.
PROTEIN: 11 g
FAT: 6 g
CARBS: 74 g