(Makes enough pulled pork for 12 servings)
3 lbs pork shoulder
2 tbsp garlic
3 tbsp chili powder
3 tbsp cayenne pepper
3 tbsp paprika
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 quart chicken stock
1 cup red wine
2 cups soy sauce
1 quart water
2 tbsp grapeseed oil
2 cups shitake mushrooms sliced
1 cup sliced onions
1 tbsp chopped garlic
1 quart of mushroom stock
½ quart braising liquid
½ cup butter
¼ cup flour
1 quart water
POUTINE (2 SERVINGS)
2 cups French fries
4 oz pulled pork
3 oz shitake mushroom gravy
½ cup chopped green onion
2 oz peppered goat cheese
1) Heat a Dutch oven or roasting pan over high heat.
2) Season pork shoulder with salt and pepper.
3) Add grape seed oil to Dutch oven and sear pork shoulder on all sides.
4) Add garlic, chili powder, cayenne pepper, and paprika. Cook for approximately 2 minutes.
5) Add red wine, soy sauce, water, and chicken stock.
6) Make sure that the pork shoulder is completely submerged in the liquid bring the liquid to a boil and braise in a 300-degree oven for 5 hours.
7) Allow the meat to cool in the liquid. Once cool, pull the meat as if you were making a pulled pork sandwich.
1) In a medium sauce pan, sweat mushrooms, garlic, and onion with butter. Season with salt and pepper; cook until onions are tender, making sure not to get too much color.
2) Add flour; incorporate with a wooden spoon. Cook for approximately two minutes, making sure not to burn.
3) Add mushroom stock; incorporate using a whisk.
1) Place fries in a 350-degree fryer or in a 400 degree oven and cook until crispy
2) Pull from fryer, drain, and add pulled pork.
3) Top with shitake gravy and crumbled goat cheese.
PROTEIN: 19 g
FAT: 26 g
CARBS: 36 g