From the episode, “New Roles, New Results”
FOR THE CHICKEN
5 chicken breasts, skin on
2 cups all-purpose flour
5 eggs, beaten
2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
2 cups Panko bread crumbs
3 tbsp grapeseed oil
FOR THE CHICK PEA STEW
12 oz sweet Italian sausage
4 cups chick peas
2 cups canned plum tomatoes
2 tbsp cumin
1 bunch parsley, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
3 carrots, diced medium
2 ribs celery, diced medium dice
1 white onion, diced medium dice
1 qt chicken stock
1) Season chicken breast with salt and pepper.
2) In a mixing bowl, mix Panko breads crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
3) Place chicken in flour. Next add eggs. Then add your bread crumb and cheese mixture.
4) In a large rondo style pot over medium-high heat, add Italian sausage. Allow to cook for approximately 5 minutes or until sausage is golden brown in color.
5) Add carrots, celery, and onions. Allow to cook for another 5 minutes.
6) Add tomatoes, chick peas, cumin, and chicken stock. Allow to cook for 45 minutes.
7) Finish with salt, pepper, cilantro, and parsley.
8) In a large sauté pan over high to medium heat add breaded chicken and grapeseed oil.
9) Cook chicken for 4 minutes on each side. Chicken should be golden brown in color.
10) Finish chicken in a 350° oven for approximately 8 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165°.