So healthy you won’t believe how good it tastes.
Four 6- to 7-oz branzino fillets; skin-on, boneless
¼ cup grapeseed oil*
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 cup white wine
2 cups mushroom or low-sodium vegetable broth
1 cup fresh mushrooms, quartered
1 tbsp fresh parsley, minced
1 tbsp fresh thyme, minced
1 tsp fresh rosemary, minced
1 tsp fresh garlic, minced
2 oz (¼ stick) unsalted butter
1 ½ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp ground white pepper
1) Heat 1 tbsp of oil in sauté pan over medium high heat, to verge of smoking.
2) Combine salt and pepper with flour, coat both sides of each fillet.
3) Sauté fillets until golden brown, 2-3 mins. each side, then keep warm on a plate covered with foil until ready to serve.
4) Add wine to the sauté pan to deglaze and allow liquid to reduce by half, about 3-4 minutes, then add stock and reduce by ¾, about 4-5 mins.
5) Add mushrooms, herbs and garlic. Stir and reduce by about ½, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
6) Plate the fillets, top with pan sauce and serve.
PROTEIN 15 g
FAT 26 g
CARBS 9 g
*Grapeseed oil is a healthy fat, but if you’re watching your macros or overall calories, you lower the numbers significantly by replacing the grapeseed oil with natural cooking spray, which changes the nutrtion info thusly: 223 calories; 15g protein; 9g carbs; 13g fat.