1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 medium white Spanish onion
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and medium diced (or use left over butternut squash from Thanksgiving dinner)
3 cloves garlic cloves minced
3 cups chicken stock
3 cups coconut milk
2 tbsp yellow curry powder
1 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1) Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat.
2) Add onion and cook for 5 minutes.
3) Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
4)Add squash and cook over low for 10 minutes.
5) Add chicken stock, coconut milk, and bring to boil.
6) Cook for 45 minutes; add cream, salt, and pepper.
7) Puree in a blender and finish with cilantro.