From the episode, “Saving a Piece of History”
4 tbsp butter
1 onion, diced small
1 tbsp sweet paprika
1/3 tbsp cayenne pepper
3 cloves garlic, minced
5 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
4 tbsp all-purpose flour
3 cups chicken stock
1 lb gemelli pasta
1 tbsp sour cream
1/3 cup heavy cream
Salt and pepper
1) In a large sauce pot, add butter and onions and allow to cook over low heat until onions are cooked through.
2) Add paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, and chicken.
3) Allow chicken to cook over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
4) Add flour. Using a wood spoon stir for 1-2 minutes.
5) Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Drop pot to a simmer and allow to simmer for 1 hour.
6) Place another sauce pot on the stove with seasoned boiling water. Cook the gemilli pasta until al dente.
7) Finish pasta with chicken paprikash mixture.
8) Make the sour cream sauce: In a mixing bowl, add sour cream and heavy cream. Incorporate with a whisk. Season with salt and pepper. Top finished dish with sour cream sauce.