MAKES 4 PIZZAS
1 Neapolitan dough (See sub recipe HERE)
32 shishito peppers, stems removed
1 oz honey
2 oz grapeseed oil
2 cups san marzano tomato puree
16 thinly sliced pieces of prosciutto or speck
1/2 lb burrata mozzarella
1 tbsp dried oregano
4 tbsp basil, sliced thin
2 tbsp mosto cotto or saba
1) In a sauté pan on high heat add the grapeseed oil and sear the shishitos until browned. Turn off heat cool and drizzle with honey.
2) Preheat the oven to 500°.
3) Portion the dough into 4 portions. Roll out the pizza dough on a floured work surface and place on a lightly floured pizza stone.
4) Spread out 4 oz of the san marzano puree on each of the pizzas and dust with the dried oregano.
5) Scatter 8 shishishito peppers over the sauce and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden.
6) Remove pizza from the oven and lay 4 slices of the prosciutto on each pizza. Break up the mozzarella and scatter it across the pizza as well, garnish with the basil, sea salt and pepper.
7) Drizzle the mosto cotto over the pizza when serving.
THE MACROS, PER PIZZA
PROTEIN: 23 g
FAT: 28 g
CARBS: 40 g
Originally published in Robert Irvine Magazine.